Garden Complements is Kansas City’s contract packing and private label food processing expert. We produce sauces, condiments, marinades, dressings, and salsas for well-known restaurants, retailers, and foodservice companies.
We have immediate opportunities available at our food processing operations in North Kansas City.
We’re seeking an experienced Purchasing Agent to lead our procurement of packaging and raw ingredients at our North Kansas City production facility. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in an engaging and fast-paced environment.
Primary requirements include:
- Source and acquire high-quality ingredients, packaging, and other supplies
- Maintain and release schedules with purchase orders (PO) and work orders (WO) accurately and align them with production schedules
- Coordinate and plan for on-time deliveries based on projection production timeline
- Closely track inventory levels to trigger reorder points
- Research and compare suppliers based on reliability, products, services, and cost
- Keep accurate records related to purchasing and receiving
- Demonstrate reasoning and analytical skills to identify patterns based on NetSuite ERP data
- Create and provide inventory or purchasing reports using NetSuite ERP
- Assist in office management responsibilities and specials skills, when needed
- Provide product and service information to customers
- Document and resolve customer service issues and escalating them, if necessary
- Manage customer/vendor communication including the collection of required documents
- Lead with initiative to ensure current pricing for budgeting accuracy
- Develop and cultivate positive working relationships (e.g., customers, teammates, vendors)
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Self-motivated, problem-solver who can work without constant supervision one or two days each week.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions, both verbal and written
- Ability to perform general labor in a fast-paced environment including lifting up to 50 lbs. and to twist, bend and climb
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety standards and adheres to all safety policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Ensure work environment is clean, organized, secure and safe always
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety standards and adhere to all safety policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Bachelor’s (preferable) or Associate Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a purchasing, inventory management, or related role
- Experience with NetSuite or ERP concept proficiency and understanding of re-order points
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think independently, working in a frequently changing team environment
- Must pass necessary background checks
Benefits include a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, a company-matched 401(k) savings plan, paid vacation and holidays.
How to Apply:
Interested parties should send their resume with with a cover note explaining why the job interests them. Please include availability, present and expected salary to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.